Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dark Days Ahead (and it's almost summer!)

Got some disturbing news today.  Turns out BAPman (a.k.a. Bruce P.) got the low down from his Dr.that the chemo didn't do what it was targeted to do and his tumor under his arm has actually grown some.  Talk about taking down a hero, this man led the way last summer for our victorious debut as the Cascade Bicycle Club's Summer Bike League champions.

He single handedly rode well over 1800 miles between June and September (http://www.cbcef.org/tracker/report_riderstripsdaysmiles.cfm?instance=21&orgid=3005&session=).  Yeah, that's me, REMZilla with just over 1600 miles.  Ever since I met this guy, he's been one pedal mashing maniac that I've been wanting to keep up with.  Now he's facing some seriously dark days ahead and I wish there was something, anything anyone could do.

Then, shortly thereafter, I received word that our Fisheries secretary who'd been commiserating with me about back issues had found out via MRI that she most likely has a brain tumor.  She was just telling me that she'd been having back spasms and numbness in her leg and trouble lifting her foot.  It's not looking good what with this info.  I'm not looking forward to the prognosis for either.  (Just happen to be listening to Robert Cray's, The Forecast Calls for Pain at the moment).

No comments:

Post a Comment