Friday, February 19, 2010

Cyclist Down!

My wife alerted me that she saw police cars and an ambulance driving toward the 8th St. Bridge after she dropped me off at the Y.  She didn't know what was up but that someone got hurt on or near one of the bridges.  It wasn't until this morning that I found out it was Marian Byes.  Apparently she was hit by a 21 year old driver of a GMC S-10 according to the PDN. She was taken to Harbor View and all of our best wishes are with her tonight and during her recovery. I don't know anymore info. I was in a meeting all day today and I will be in another in Seattle tomorrow.  Then I'll be headed to Portland for the weekend. I might have to stop by Harbor View to see what the deal is. I hope she's alright, but if you're flown to HV, not much is alright with your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment